D-Lead - One Twenty Four (24) Test Package
D-Lead is One of Two EPA recognized lead detection test kits available on the market today. With the D-Lead lead test kit you will be able to confirm if lead paint Is detectable with this non-toxic, affordable, and disposable lead test kit. This D-Lead test kit provides a test for most surfaces, including wood, ferrous metal, (alloys that contain iron), drywall and plaster. The entire test should take a short amount of time to complete and will be completely accurate when testing is done on materials found to be viable by a EPA Certified Renovator.
Below is a partial list of items that D-Lead can be used on:
- Drywall & plaster
- Ferrous metal
- Structural steel
- Water towers
- Shipyards and docks
- Gas storage tanks
- Children's Jewelry & Many Imported Toys
- Ceramic Tiles
- Christmas Decorations (Including Old Christmas Trees)
- Plumbing Materials (Including Solders)
- Lunch Boxes (Especially Vintage & Imported Items)
- Mini Blinds & Other Window Treatments
- Extensions Cords
- Paint On Door & Window Frames & Window Sashes
D-Lead® provide a sensitive and specific test for leachable lead on any surface found to be viable by an EPA Certified Renovator. Depending on the presence and concentration of lead your sample will turn a shade of brown, You will have your results in about 2 minutes but it is suggested that you reshake your sample and wait about 10 minutes for a final determination. The D-Lead lead paint test kit is a officially recommended test recommended by LeadPaintEPAsupplies.com and can help contractors and homeowners determine if a paint sample contains less lead than the US EPA allows, being 1.0 mg/cm2 of lead.
The Benefits of Using D-Lead:
- The D-lead test kit is EPA-approved to follow the RRP regulations on many surfaces.
- You will get results in as little as 2 minutes with the D-Lead test
- D-Lead can easily test for lead chromate without a separate test, This is an advantage over the 3M LeadCheck product.
- A clean-up tool is provided in the D-Lead test kit, and the testing sample needs to be no bigger than 3/16″ to test accurately.
- Each box contains 25 D-Lead D-Wipe towels to help ensure no tests are mixed up that can be used on the included sample tool.
- This D-Lead test is the most accurate for the purpose, according to ETV.
- The D-Lead test kit allows you to easily test for lead chromate and lead in minutes and ensure your family isn’t getting exposed to harmful heavy metals.
Each kit includes:
- 24 D-Lead test solution 1 – it’s used to test for lead.
- 2 D-Lead test solution 2 – used to ensure that the test kits are still working properly.
- 25 D-Lead D-Wipes Towels that are used to remove possible lead contamination.
- 25 D-Lead catch trays for each sample
- A D-Lead sampling tool
- A D-Lead cleaning rod
- A separate razor blade That is used with the D-Lead Test Kit to create your sample. It includes a handle for easy use.
- A safe waste disposal bag to put the used D-Lead tests in is included.
- An instruction manual to ensure proper usage of the D-Lead Test kit is included.
How To Use The D-Lead Lead Test Kit:
The D-Lead sample tray can additionally be attached to the wall to ensure that anything from a vertical surface will fall onto it. With the D-Lead testing tool, you will be able to retrieve a piece of the tested surface that you have to make sure makes it through all the different layers of the paint. With the help of the razor blade with the handle on it, be sure to retrieve all the paint onto the D-lead tray accurately. To get the amount of test material you need to complete the D-Lead test, you can use force from your hands to push the D_Lead tool against the wall or tap the test tool with a hammer against the tested surface.
You may find that the paint stays within the D-Lead testing tool. If that is the case, you can use the D-Lead cleaning tool to get it out onto the catch tray. The catch tray is used as a dust tray to put the paint on before easily pouring the tested surface into a bottle of D-Lead solution 1. The easiest way to ensure accurate testing is the same regardless of whether you are testing a horizontal or vertical surface. All of the material you extracted using the D-Lead tool needs to go into the solution 1 bottle. That is no matter if the sampled material has fallen apart into several pieces or whether it remains intact.
Go ahead and put the lid on the bottle and screw it tight before gently shaking the bottle. At this point, the solution needs about 2 minutes to get through the tested material before you can proceed to the next step. It includes adding 5 drops of D-Lead solution #2 before putting the lid back on the bottle and shaking it to mix up the different materials.
You have to figure out if the test proves to be above the test standard, and what you need is to hold it up with a white surface behind it to see through the glass which color the D-Lead solution is. The test standard color is what you are testing against. If it is darker than the test patch on the D-lead bottle, the paint has an issue. If it is clearer, you are in the clear.
To that, the given surface does not have lead in it. In contrast, the test has indicated it. You need to wait an additional 10 minutes, shake it again. Compare it against the brown color on the D-Lead bottle. While the D-Lead solution 2 may give the solution a yellow color, that does not mean it contains lead. Suppose you are testing either plaster or drywall. In that case, it is common to see the solution have a cloudy or milky appearance. This should not be confused with the presence of lead. Only when the solution turns brown does it show lead is present. While a light brown color will indicate very low levels of lead, the color you need to compare it to is the color on the bottle. When the solution turns dark, the RRP practices and certifications are needed. Lead-safe work practices must be performed.
If you live in Wisconsin and are a renovator, any change of color that turns brown will require safe-lead practices when remodeling.
When these steps have been taken, you must put the lid on tightly on the bottle of solution 2 before proceeding. Used D-Lead trays can be put into the disposing bag with the kit. You can additionally use the D-wipe towel when you are done to ensure no contamination is left on the surfaces. Gloves and towels can be thrown into the D-Lead disposal bag and when you are done with the whole D-lead test kit, add solution 2 inside the disposal bag.
HELP YOUR PROJECTS RUN SMOOTHLY:
- HEPA RRP compliant Vacuum Cleaners
- Tyvek suits in Large, Extra Large and 2XL, Suits Without Attached Booties, Suits With Attached Booties
- Vinyl gloves and Work gloves
- Contamination Control Sticky Mats - Sold by single mats or a 4 pack (Best Value)
- Safety Glasses (very economical)
- N100 respirators - 3M Reuseable or Gerson Disposable
DO NOT FORGET TO LOOK AT OUR READY MADE PACKAGES AT GREAT PRICES:
- The Clean Up Packages (3 Different Packages, Depending On Your Project Size)
- The Supply Packages (4 Different Packages, Depending On Your Project Size)
Most orders ship within two business days.
We ship with FedEx Ground Service for Commercially Zoned Business Addresses or FedEx Home Delivery for Residential Delivery or USPS.
(Confirm estimated ship times by checking item availability description at the top of each item)